The Intex Seahawk 4 inflatable boat is the perfect way to enjoy summer on the water with your friends or family. The Seahawk 4 fits 4 people, it has a heavy-duty design, and it is quick to inflate and deflate. In this article, I’ll give a full Intex Seahawk 4 review, with all of its specs and features.
The Intex Seahawk 4 is an inflatable boat that can comfortably seat four adults plus their gear. It comes with a high-output hand pump for inflating and deflating, as well as accessories for fishing or just relaxing on the water. It is also the most affordable inflatable boat of its class and size.
So if you are looking for an affordable boat that you can use for fishing trips with your family or friends, the Seahawk 4 is a great choice.
Read on to learn more about the Intex Seahawk 4 inflatable boat, including all of its features and specs.
Also, take a look at the Intex Seahawk 4, on Amazon, to see its price and great reviews:
Intex Seahawk 4 Review
The Intex Seahawk 4 is one of the inflatable boats made by Intex Recreation Corp., a well-respected manufacturer of recreational products. It is a budget-priced boat made of high-quality and durable materials.
The Seahawk 4 is a stable and solid boat that can be used by a family or a group of four people for fishing or plain relaxation on the water. There is plenty of room for fishing supplies and other gear in this boat, too. It comes with cushioned seats, grab handles, and other accessories you may need to enjoy an exciting day on the water.
In this review, I will present the features, specifications, and items included in the Intex Seahawk 4 boat set. Overall, this boat is ideal for those with a limited budget and those who want to have a boat that they can safely use. This boat ultimately offers the best value for its price.
What Is the Intex Seahawk 4?
A boat is only great if it is safe, and it has all the things that will help you enjoy your time on the water. First off, the Seahawk 4 is designed for heavy-duty use. It is ruggedly built and made with a puncture-resistant 30 gauge PVC vinyl. It is also made to resist UV damage from the sun.
This boat also excels as far as stability is concerned. It has a built-in I-beam floor that is so solid and rigid. This part of the boat enhances the boat’s stability on the water. If you want to stand on the boat while fishing, you only need to put thick plywood on the floor of the boat. The boat will not rock from side to side while you are standing. This I-beam floor also enhances the comfort level inside the boat.
This Intex Seahawk 4 boat is also supplied with a high-output hand pump. What makes this pump very efficient is that it pumps air into the inflatable boat, whether you’re pulling it in or pulling it out. Inflating and deflating the boat is also easier and faster due to its Boston valves, which are equipped with check valves.
When it comes to being safe on the water, nothing can be safer than Seahawk 4. It is equipped with three air chambers: two on the hulls and one on the floor. The auxiliary chamber on the floor is enough to support the weight of four people. So, if one chamber fails, you won’t get stranded in the middle of the lake.
Video Review of the Intex Seahawk 4
Below is a video review of the Intex Seahawk 4 inflatable boat made by The Scary Truth Catalyst. The reviewer says that he is a boating enthusiast and enjoys the activity for most of his life.
It’s a quick review for a very affordable boat, he says. From the box, he laid out the not-yet-inflated boat on the ground. Next, he showed each item that came with the boat. The items shown included the oars, pumps, gear pouch, and the rest of the items included in the box.
How to Inflate the Boat
The reviewer started to inflate the boat using the supplied hand pump. He said it took him about 20 minutes to inflate the boat. His advice is to get an electric pump to do it faster. He then placed the cushioned seats on both ends of the boat.
Size, Weight Limit, and Features
The reviewer said that the boat is pretty big as it is made for four people. He then placed the oars on the oar handlers on the side of the boat. This inflatable boat is made of durable PVC material, which is impervious to punctures. He then attached the gear pouch on the holders inside the boat. Next, he showed the Boston valves and said that it had a pretty good design.
The reviewer also showed the motor mount fittings at the boat’s stern. He then attached the fishing rod holders to the fittings provided in the boat. Overall, he said that the Seahawk 4 is a well-designed inflatable boat. Additionally, he said that it’s a big vessel with three air chambers.
Then he showed the motor mount and the outboard motor that he bought. He will attach the motor to the boat to power it. A four-stroke gasoline engine runs the 1.5 hp motor. He bought this motor because he said the Seahawk 4 is a heavy boat to row.
Testing the Boat on the Water
The reviewer then showed the boat with the motor installed at the back. Although he said that the boat handled pretty badly on the water, he also admitted that he had a great time on it. He said that you could use it on a lake and fishing with a couple of friends. This boat is also comfortable and has plenty of room for all your gear.
But he said he wouldn’t take it on the coast, ocean, or in bad weather conditions. Overall, the reviewer says he highly recommends this boat and even says to go and check it out.
Intex Seahawk 4 Inflatable Boat Specs
Here are the primary specifications of this inflatable boat:
- Length – 11 ft. and 6 in.
- Width – 4 ft. and 9 in.
- Height – 1 ft. and 7 in.
- Person Capacity – 4
- Maximum Weight – 1,050 lbs.
- Package Dimension – 16.65 in. x 13.94 in. x 24.45 in.
- Package Weight – 37 lbs.
What Comes with the Intex Seahawk 4?
The Intex Seahawk 4 boat set comes with several accessories.
They include the following:
- Two aluminum oars, each at 48 inches (lightweight and designed to float if accidentally dropped on the water)
- One high-output hand pump (for inflating and deflating the boat)
- Two Boston valves
- Two inflatable seats (designed to be placed at the front and the back)
- One repair patch kit
- One gear pouch
- Two fishing rod holders
- 30-day warranty
- Two grab handles (both located on the bow of the boat)
- Grab line (located all around the boat)
- Two welded oar locks (to make rowing easier)
- USCG ID
Key Features and Benefits of the Seahawk 4
While this boat has many functional features, some of them are more beneficial than others. Here are the most helpful features of the Intex Seahawk 4 inflatable boat:
- Person Capacity – This boat can comfortably accommodate four people and is suitable for a family of four.
- I-beam Floor – This part of the boat is an inflatable floor that improves the boat’s stability and rigidity.
- Made of 30 Gauge PVC Vinyl – This material is strong and durable. It’s also resistant to UV damage and accidental punctures. Because of its durability and sturdiness, the boat can take heavy-duty usage.
- Three Air Chambers – The boat has two air chambers in its hull and one auxiliary chamber on the floor. If one of these chambers fails, the other two can support the weight of the passengers. The auxiliary chamber is enough to carry the maximum weight capacity of the boat.
- Certified Safe by the NMMA and US Coast Guard – The boat comes with a USCG ID. It’s also TUV approved.
- Two Cushioned Seats – These inflatable cushioned seats enhance the comfort level of the passengers.
- Motor Mount Fittings – This feature enhances the flexibility of the boat. You can mount an outboard motor to this boat if you don’t want to spend your time on the water just rowing. You’ll need one if you want a more enjoyable and relaxing time on the water.
- Welded Oar Locks – They make rowing easier and more convenient.
- Grab Handle and All-around Grab Lines – They make it easier to carry the boat to and from the water.
Here is a list of all the Intex Seahawk 4 boat set features:
- Two units of Boston valves (for fast inflating and deflating)
- High-output hand pump (for faster inflating and deflating)
- Three air chambers (Two on the sides of the boat and one auxiliary chamber on the floor. The inner auxiliary chamber is enough to keep the passengers afloat.)
- Two French oars (48 inches each)
- Welded oar locks (two at the front and two at the back)
- Oar holders (one on each side)
- Fishing rod holders (one on each side)
- I-beam floor (enhances the rigidity and stability of the boat)
- Rugged vinyl construction (the material used is 30 gauge PVC vinyl that is UV- and puncture-resistant)
- Grab handles (two at the bow)
- Heavy-duty grab lines (located around the boat)
- Two inflatable cushions (used as seats)
- One gear pouch
- Motor mount fittings
- One repair patch kit
- NMMA-certified with U.S. Coast Guard ID
- TUV approved
- Maximum weight capacity at 1,050 lbs.
Trolling Motor for the Intex Seahawk 4
The Intex Seahawk 4 inflatable boat, like some of Intex’s inflatable boats, is equipped with motor mount fittings at the back. This feature makes the boat very flexible. If you will mount an outboard or trolling motor, you won’t be spending the day on the water paddling and rowing.
Just turn on the trolling motor, and you can go anywhere you want to at a leisurely speed, as long as it is still on the water. You can choose to mount a 1.5 hp or 2 hp motor and travel at a relaxing speed of 5 mph.
The vision of Intex Recreation Corp., the maker of Seahawk 4, is to be the most innovative, trusted, and recognizable brand in the industry. That is why the company is stringent with its quality control and product testing to ensure that only products that will meet its high standards are sold to its customers.
Intex has been in the business of making indoor and outdoor recreational products for more than 40 years. Aside from making inflatable boats, this company also produces and markets above ground pools, air beds, boats, pool toys and accessories, and other similar items.
Conclusion – Intex Seahawk 4 Review and Specs
So, to summarize everything, the Intex Seahawk 4 is an inflatable boat that can comfortably accommodate four adults. It can be used by a family of four or a group of friends to enjoy a fun summer of boating and fishing.
In this review, I have shown you that the Intex Seahawk 4 is the most affordable inflatable boat of its class and size. This boat also comes with a high-output hand pump for quick inflating and deflating. Moreover, it is supplied with several accessories that you can use for fishing or just plain relaxing on the water.