A great kayak is sturdy, durable, stylish, and affordable. The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak meets these specifications for a great price.
The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak is an inflatable kayak that can comfortably seat two adults. It has a streamlined design that will ensure fun and enjoyment on the water. This particular design makes easy paddling possible. Its stability and rugged construction also enhance user safety. It has a bright yellow color with sporty graphics that can be seen even from long distances.
This review article is packed with information on the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak so you can determine if it is right for you. Read on to learn more about this kayak and its specific features and specs.
Also, take a look at the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak on Amazon, for more information on it, and to see its great reviews:
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak Review
The Explorer K2 Kayak is equipped with functional features that will ensure the enjoyment and safety of kayakers. This kayak is also comfortable, allowing you to relax for hours out on the water. These features make the Explorer K2 one of the best inflatable kayaks available in the market.
What Is Intex Explorer K2 Kayak?
The Intex Explorer K2 inflatable kayak is one of Intex Corporation’s Sport Series kayaks. It has a streamlined design that results in easy paddling for its users. You can take it in mild rivers and lakes, for a fun and sporty all-day kayaking experience.
It can accommodate two average-sized adults, as long as their combined weight is not over 400 pounds. This kayak is lightweight, easy to inflate, and easy to fold up. When folded, it will only occupy a small space in your garage.
This inflatable two-seater kayak is very safe on the water. It has three air chambers to ensure that if one fails, the other two will still help you paddle out of the water to safety. The kayak itself can be seen from afar because of its bright yellow color and sporty graphics.
The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak carries a certification from the U.S. Coast Guard and comes with a USCG ID as proof. Perhaps one of the things that enabled it to get such certification is its inflatable I-beam floor.
This floor makes the boat rigid, but not so rigid that it compromises its flexibility.
It also offers some comfortable features even as you paddle it up or down the river. This kayak has two adjustable and inflatable seats complete with backrests. If you clip the skeg on its slot under the boat, you can steer it wherever you want.
Video Reviews of Explorer K2 Kayak
Here are two video reviews of this inflatable kayak to help you determine if the kayak is right for you.
The first video is an introduction to the Intex Explorer K2 inflatable kayak. The reviewer says that it is a great kayak to be on the water because it sits higher on the water than other kayaks of the same size. Its front and back are curved upwards, and its design enables the kayak to negotiate whitewater rapids.
The reviewer also explained the different features that make the Explorer K2 good on the water. He showed the inflatable seats and backrests, the keg at the bottom, the aluminum paddle, and more. He liked the fact that there’s enough space for two people in the cockpit, with ample storage space both at the front and back.
He also said that there are three air chambers in this kayak. So, if one chamber loses air, the kayaker can still row it ashore safely. It showed that the kayak is about 10 feet long.
Pinetree Line Productions made this second video review. It is a helpful, real-world test review of the Explorer K2 Kayak.
The reviewer said that overall, the kayak performed pretty well after he had rowed the kayak with a lot of stuff and debris and him carrying a heavy load from all his gear. The reviewer said he is about 275 pounds, and the kayak has pretty much carried him safely everywhere. He said that the kayak’s capacity is 400 pounds.
He also mentioned the three air chambers of the kayak, one on the floor and two on both sides. The kayak also comes with a hand pump, and he said that it took him about 5 to 7 minutes to inflate it.
With the keg on, he said that the kayak could track well, even with strong currents. He also said that the kayak has a low center of gravity, so it is fun to row on the water. He actually tested the kayak on different water types – in clear water and thick swamps with heavy grass and bushes.
Overall, he said that it is a good, stable boat and that he is pleased with it, considering its very affordable price.
Specifications of the Explorer K2 Kayak
The specifications of the Explorer K2 Kayak are as follows:
- Length – 10 ft. and 3 in.
- Width – 3 ft.
- Depth – 1 ft. and 8 in.
- Person Capacity – 2
- Weight Capacity – 400 lbs.
- Package Dimensions – 16.65 in. x 13.98 in. x 23.54 in.
- Package Weight – 37 lbs.
What Comes with the Explorer K2 Kayak?
One package of the Intex Kayak Explorer K2 comes with several accessories. They include the following:
- Two aluminum paddles, each at 86 inches
- One powerful hand pump to inflate the kayak
- Inflatable I-beam floor
- Grab line, one at the front and one at the back
- Two units of adjustable seats, both with backrests
- Quick-fill Boston valve
- One repair patch kit
- One pc. carry bag
- U.S. Coast Guard ID with NMMA certification
Most Notable Features and Benefits
Among the many functional features of the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak, some are more important than the others. These features are:
- I-beam Floor – This inflatable I-beam floor improves the boat‘s stability on the water.
- Streamlined Design – This design enables users to paddle the boat easily wherever they want to go. It also makes the kayak more nimble on the water.
- Optimized Cockpit Space – This kayak offers excellent comfort to its users. Its inflatable seats can be adjusted according to the height of its users. If one is taller and the other is shorter, the front seat can be brought closer to the front so that the taller one will have more legroom at the back.
- Long Service Life – This feature is made possible because of the kayak’s rugged construction and high-quality materials.
- Enhanced Safety – The kayak has a bright yellow color and is styled with sporty graphics, making it visible far away.
Other Features and Details That Complete the Explorer K2 Kayak
Apart from its notable features, other features of the Intex Kayak Explorer K2 makes it a good buy. Here are the rest of the features of this functional kayak:
- Low-profile – This feature makes Explorer K2 good for negotiating mild rivers and lakes. Experienced kayakers can even take this kayak to waters with rougher conditions.
- Rugged Vinyl Construction – This kayak is built with super-tough 30-gauge vinyl over a 1200 denier nylon shell with internal tubes. In other words, it was made with durability and stability in mind. The manufacturer also claims that the Explorer K2 is a puncture-resistant inflatable kayak.
- Three Separate Air Chambers – Three individual air chambers in this kayak ensures the safety of the users. If one of these air chambers fails, two other chambers can support the riders until they reach the shore safely.
- Inflation Gauge – This kayak comes with an inflation gauge, which is used to avoid kayak over-inflation. An over-inflated kayak is more susceptible to damages, such as punctures, scratches, and many more.
- Spacious and Comfortable – Ample space is one of the best features of the Explorer K2 because it has much to do with comfort. This kayak has enough space for two people and all their gear, and more. While it does not have a net, there are ample spaces at the front and back to store things while you are rowing ahead.
- Skeg – This inflatable kayak also comes with a removal skeg. You can slip and lock it in its slot at the bottom if you want to improve the kayak’s directional stability.
Enhanced Safety for Kayak Enthusiasts
The Intex Explorer K2 Inflatable Kayak is certified safe to use on the water by the U.S. Coast Guard. In fact, a USCG ID is included in the package of this boat. Safety is one of the notable features of this inflatable kayak.
With its inflatable I-beam floor, this kayak is very steady on the water and is very difficult to capsize. It also has a very low profile. Its hull is deep enough to prevent water from coming in. This feature will save you from constant bailing out of the water. The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak is lightweight and can be easily flipped by a single person if it happens to be turned over by accident.
This kayak comes with brilliant yellow color with additional sporty graphics on its sides. Thus, it’s very easy to spot even from distances. Its color and graphics make it look stylish.
About Intex Corporation
The maker of the Explorer K2 Kayak is Intex Recreation Corp. This kayak model is only one of this company’s Sports Kayak Series. Intex has been in the business of producing air beds, above ground pools, boats, furniture, spas, and toys for more than 40 years.
This company’s goal is to produce high-quality products that will satisfy the needs and desires of its customers. Their products are excellent in terms of functionality, comfort, and durability. Only products that passed their routine testing are allowed to be sold in the market. Intex also strives to produce high-quality products at an affordable price.
Product Quality and Safety
This company practices unwavering systems of quality control. Their strict quality control measures ensure that all of their finished products meet quality standards and customer satisfaction. It’s the reason why a wide range of customers supports Intex products.
Intex also aims to have good business relationships with its suppliers. It is the company’s way of making sure that they follow strict government requirements, especially in matters of reducing its carbon footprint. Intex has been going in this direction for the past ten years.
Intex Recreation Corp. assures all its customers that all of its products are safe to use. However, the company still encourages its customers to read the manuals of their products before usage to prevent product misuse and abuse. It will also result in extending the service life of the products and more years of enjoyment for its users.
Conclusion – Intex Explorer K2 Kayak Review
So, to recap, the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak is an inflatable kayak that can comfortably seat two adults. It has a streamlined design that will ensure fun and enjoyment on the water. This particular design also makes easy paddling possible.
This Intex Explorer K2 Kayak also enhances user safety due to its impressive stability and rugged construction. Its style and bright yellow color also visibly stands out even from afar, making it easy to monitor and locate. I highly recommend the Explorer K2 Kayak for getting fun, memorable kayaking experiences out on the water.